Sunday, April 6, 2008

Conference Weekend

Jack took Emily to Salt Lake for Conference. He decided a long time ago that he would take each of our kids to Conference when they turned twelve. A father/daughter/son weekend. Since Emily could not go last year, he took for her 13th birthday. Jack and Emily and Jack's brother, Tim and our niece, McKenzie all went to the Sunday morning session. I am grateful that she is doing so well that she can enjoy this special weekend with her dad. I'll add pictures of them later.


Now to the home front...
I decided I would "try" to be a fun mom. I took the other kids to the movies to see Nim's Island and to the Soup Plantation for dinner. We had so much fun. So far so good! We came home to relax and here is where my idea went sour...a sleep out in the family room?!?!?!? What was I thinking? When we were still up at 12:30am "having fun" I was worried. Then by 2:00am, when everyone was asleep except me...I was mad! The dog started to bark and now I was nervous...not to worry I was now wired and up until 4:15am just to make sure everything was OK. Duh...how could I think that sleeping on the hard floor with 4 of my children sleeping on top of me was fun? At 9:00am when we woke up to watch Conference...my thoughts (besides oww! my back hurts) were how blessed I am to have these beautiful children surrounding me! What a blessing! So my advice when you want to be a "fun mom"...have the sleep out in your bed, not on the floor! I'm grateful for the opportunity to listen to our new Prophet and to be lifted up by the words of our leaders.

2 comments:

Jen.Steve.Joe said...

You were right in the middle! You're so cute!

Marcie said...

You are a GREAT mom. I would have moved to the couch. Looks like fun!