Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I am a match!

The Transplant coordinator called today. My blood work came back and I am a match for Emily. There are 3 tests done 1)blood type, 2)Cross match 3)tissue typing test. 1)I am type O and so is Emily. 2)Cross match means that our blood when put into a petri dish together did not fight against each other (thank heavens for that we do enough of that outside the test tube! HAHAHA) 3)Tissue typing checks the degree of tissue match between 6 codes. Since a person receives 3 codes (or antegens) from each parents. The parent/child relationship can only be 3 and I am a 3 code match to Emily. That means the less chance of rejection the more antegen match. So, after this biology lesson, the bottom line is that if a donor kidney is not found I am good to donate mine. I breathe a sigh of relief!! I go for more testing (psych testing)on the 30th of this month...keep a good thought! thx

4 comments:

Jen.Steve.Joe said...

Yay! I told everyone here and we are so excited! Love ya tons!

Marcie said...

Whoo Hoo! What great news.

Tina said...

Heavenly Father is looking out for you guys! What a blessing! It was fun seeing you tonight. I hope you got to go to bed early!

Tim McKeon gang said...

looking forward to more miracles!! You are amazing...I keep forgetting that I need to try to be a fun mom...that went out the window a long time ago...I'll try to follow your example!!
XOXO