Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Parents are in Africa

This has been an exciting 6 months for our family. My parents volunteered to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. They submitted their paperwork and received an assignment to serve in Tonga.
Well, nothing changes like plans. My father was later called to serve as a Mission President which changed the call from 23 months to 3 years and from Tonga to AFRICA! They left last Monday to serve in the Zambia Lusaka Africa Mission.
Zambia holds one one of the Wonders of the World called Victoria Falls.

We are so grateful for their willingness to serve, to sacrifice and to teach us those lessons!
I pray the Lord will watch over them and keep them safe. Now I need to save my $$$$$ to get us there to see them!




No comments: