Tuesday, March 18, 2008

St. Patrick's Day






I started a silly tradition a long time ago without knowing it would become a tradition. I made a green dinner for fun on St. Patrick's day and now it is expected.Here is the latest edition of the McKeon Green Dinner! Green spinach noodles, green jello, broccoli, and green kool-aid. I did not tint the rolls or the steak, but was very tempted to! So I tinted the butter green instead. :) The finale was green rice crispy treats! As we sat down to eat, Jack Sr. said to our kids "you guys are so lucky to have a mom that is so over the top"! Not sure if it was a compliment, but I'm taking that way. Hope your day was fun too!

3 comments:

Marcie said...

I'm sure it was a compliment! Your dinner looks yummy. You're a fun mom!

Jen.Steve.Joe said...

That looks delicious! I really didn't think too much about St Patricks considering I was stuck inside with a sick baby, but I did make spinach and artichoke dip so maybe one day I can be 1/4 of the mom you are with a green dinner tradition!

Molly and Kip said...

I love that! You are a true McKeon. Besides Christmas I think St. Patricks day is my dad's favorite holiday